Finished Cushions

With the weather being so miserable these last few days, I’ve been somewhat hibernating and am glad to have a hobby like patchwork to keep me occupied.

I finished the applique on the second of the cushions and then got on with the quilting.  I decided to have a go at free motion quilting on my fairly new Bernina – as a long arm quilter I find quilting on a domestic sewing machine, something of a challenge.  Moving the fabric instead of the machine takes a bit of getting used to! Actually it went reasonably well, though I didn’t manage to avoid eyelashes from the bobbin thread showing on the tighter curves even though I had a fiddle with the tension.







For this cushion I just free motion quilted the border then did a wiggly line around the tan large squares and a X through the smaller tan squares.







And here they are in situ  – at last!IMG_1989