Some cushions at last!

After some months of distraction since the lap quilt including working on the split stars quilt, I finally got round to starting to make some cushions for the sitting room.  Once again I turned to my copy of Pillow Pop which has some great designs.







This is my first choice – I’ve decided to make two cushions with different design on the front and the back so I can swap them around.  As they come out as quite large, I don’t need more than one for each corner of the sofa.







For the other side, I decided on this design -







As it suggested using blanket stitch for the applique, I decided it would easier to use bondaweb rather than sew on the applique







Here it is all stuck in place and ready for the blanket stitch which will be a bit of an adventure as I’ve not used that stitch yet on my new machine.