Finishing the pink quilt top

As the jelly roll I had used was quite a few years old, the fabrics were no longer available so I decided on a pale batik for the border which had a pinky tint to it.  But with the centre being so busy it felt too plain on its own and I had rather a lot of scraps left over.  So I thought about doing some flowers













connected with stems and leaves -

IMG_1506 IMG_1505











I satin stitched the leaves which I’d bondawebbed on to the border on the machine and then hand appliqued the stem.  Once they were in place, I bondawebbed the petals of the flowers onto the border and edged them with a blanket stitch on the machine.







For the corners I used parts of some spare blocks from the centre of the quilt.  It took a while to do but I think was worth it -







So I’ve another quilt top finished, ready for my long arm when it’s up and running again.  I’m hoping to hear about the planning permission for my quilt studio very soon and have my fingers crossed that by the end of the year the studio will be done and I can get back to quilting again .