IMG_0878

Making progress on the Scrap Quilt

The last couple of weeks have been busy so I’ve not had a lot of time to sew – and I do find satin stitching around applique pretty uninspiring.  Anyway this weekend I decided to get the flowers appliqued and see what progress I could make with the quilt.

Of course, the flowers weren’t really that bad once I got going and I’ve found myself at the laying out of blocks stage.

IMG_0876

It’s only about 72″ long so I’m thinking of a slightly wider border top and bottom with a strip of scrap down the middle to make it a bit longer as it’s destined to be a single bed quilt

IMG_0877 (2)

And a green border seemed to compliment the flowers – I’m thinking of a title like “Flower Garden”.

IMG_0875

Workshop with Rowena Allsopp

A couple of week’s back I spent a very enjoyable Saturday doing a workshop with Rowena Allsopp and learnt how to use twins needles.  I’ve only had a sewing machine for more than 30 years but have never strayed into twin needles!

And now I wonder why not – they are simple to use and provide interesting possibilities.  We learnt to use them for sewing narrow ribbon onto fabrics which we’d previously stuck onto fusible vilene.

IMG_0874

It was a great workshop – not only did I learn something new but I managed to make the whole project at the workshop!